5 tips to create a personalized shed
Consider these five tips from www.hpba.org:
1. Have a plan: Before you start building your shed, make sure you have a plan in place including theme, budget and goal.
2. Stick to a theme: A craft shed, a relaxation shed, a party shed — choose one theme and tailor all decisions around your theme of choice.
3. Utilize your resources: Build your shed under your favorite tree to offer natural shade or decorate your shed with dried flowers or vines.
4. Less is more: Remember to keep it simple and that you want to have enough room to entertain guests and to hang out in your shed.
5. Remember the exterior: Choose a paint color that goes with your theme. Then invite friends and family over for a day of painting fun in the sun.Green living
Go green with these tech choices
Here are two ways technology can help you live a more eco-friendly lifestyle, according to Lowe's:Control your home's temperature from anywhere. Installing a smart thermostat connected to your home automation system can help reduce your energy costs by 15-30 percent each year. Smart thermostats allow you to program your thermostat based on your daily routine so you can conserve more energy when you aren't at home. This way you're not wasting additional energy heating or cooling an empty space. Water effectively. Unnecessary watering can waste more than 6,000 gallons of water per month. Installing a smart irrigation system can help you avoid unnecessary watering by automating the watering of your lawn based on weather conditions. You can make final adjustments as the season goes on to ensure your lawn stays fresh and your water usage is manageable. Tip of the week
Projects to boost resale price
To boost your home sale and reduce time on the market, consider these ideas to catch buyers' eyes, according to Saniflo.Garage door: According to Remodeling Magazine's 2018 Cost vs. Value report, a garage door replacement recoups 98.3 percent of cost upon resale. Bathroom addition: Basements are an ideal location for bathroom additions. Fresh flooring: Vinyl wood flooring looks incredibly similar to real wood, and modern luxury vinyl tile mimics the look of stone or ceramic tile but is more durable and affordable. Neutral paint: Visit your local paint store and you'll see there are many neutral options to add excitement to interior spaces. Don't forget the ceiling, too! A fresh coat of white can do wonders. DIY
How to simplify DIY projects
Simplify your DIY project with these tips from Post-it.Capitalize on subject matter expertise. A little experience goes a long way, so look to your friends and family to see if any of them have ever completed a project similar to yours. Ask them your questions and learn from their experiences and you'll gain valuable insight about what to do — and what not to do — before your project even gets started. Keep accurate, durable notes. Even a slight miscommunication or lost note can compromise your project.