Well-known rappers Ludacris and Flo Rida will perform on the Illinois State Fair Grandstand on Aug. 18, the second Saturday of the 2018 fair.
Hits including “Stand Up,” “Get Back,” and “Money Maker,” have solidified Ludacris as one of music’s top entertainers with more than 20 million albums sold domestically.
In addition to his music, Ludacris is a well-known actor. Ludacris has a recurring role in “The Fast & The Furious” film franchise, and has also appeared in the movies “Crash, Hustle & Flow” and “No Strings Attached.”
Flo Rida, a Florida native, rose to fame at the age of 18 as the hype man for Fresh Kid Ice from 2 Live Crew. His 2008 breakout single, “Low,” was number one on the U.S. charts for 10 weeks and broke digital download sales at the time of its release. Other hits include, “Club Can’t Handle Me,” “Right Round,” and “Wild Ones.”
Tickets for the show, ranging in price from $27 to $47, go on sale Saturday via ticketmaster.com and at the Emmerson Building on the fairgrounds on May 7. Tickets for six other previously announced concerts are on sale now.
Here is the Grandstand lineup, with two open dates on the schedule still to fill:
• Friday, Aug. 10: Boy George and Culture Club with Thompson Twins’ Tom Bailey
• Saturday, Aug. 11: Halestorm & Mastodon
• Sunday, Aug. 12: Foreigner with Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
• Monday, Aug. 13: Dueling Pianos International (free concert)
• Wednesday, Aug. 15: 311 & The Offspring with Gym Class Heroes
• Friday, Aug. 17: Brett Eldredge
• Saturday, Aug. 18: Flo Rida & Ludacris with Childish Major
• Sunday, Aug. 19: Brantley Gilbert
The 2018 fair runs Aug. 9-19.