Area GateHouse Media Illinois newspapers, including the Pekin Daily Times, are partnering with Goodwill to collect items.
The bin located outside the Pekin Daily Times office, 306 Court St., arrived Sept. 26 and will remain there until Oct. 17.
Any items donated at this bin will stay in Pekin at the Goodwill store, 3245 Court St.
Any resident who wants to bring in larger items, such as furniture or breakables, during the newspaper’s business hours — 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday — are welcome to do so.
Items that are accepted include:
• Household items
• Toys, games and sporting goods
• Books, CDs, videos, DVDs and computer software
• Computer and all computer equipment, working electronics including flat panel TVs, VCRs, DVRs, Blue Ray players and stereos
• New and gently used clothing and linens
• Shoes, boots, skates and slippers
• Jewelry, purses and belts
Items that are NOT accepted:
• Tires and car batteries
• Chemicals of any kind including paint
• Magazines and encyclopedias
• Soiled or stained mattresses and box springs, waterbeds
• Non-working electronics, console and tube (CRT) TVs or stereos
• Personal care items (unless unopened)
• Weapons or ammunition
• Built in appliances
• Exercise equipment, except bikes