10th Annual Muscle on Main Strongman Contest
Come check out the 10th Annual Muscle on Main Strongman (and women) event on the streets of downtown Morton! We combined forces with the Strongman Masters Pro U.S. Nationals this year so you will have the chance to see the Pros in action before the Amateurs tackle 5 events, showcasing some of the strongest men and women in the area!
The Pros will be showcasing 5 events at Muscle on Main including the Press Medley, Deadlift, Farmer’s Walk, Carry and Drag Medley and the H Stone.
Muscle on Main will showcase the events being held at the United States Strongman Inc. Nationals this year:
- The Axle Clean and Press will range in weight from 120 lbs for the Women up to 270 lbs for the Super Heavy Men. Competitors will clean the axle once and continue to overhead press the weight for reps in a 1 minute time limit.
- The Axle Deadlift will range in weight from 300 lbs for the Women up to 650 lbs for the Super Heavies. Athletes will have a 1 minute time limit to complete as many lifts as possible.
- The Farmer’s Walk – Athletes will carry 2 tanks, one in each hand weighing between 140 lbs up to 300 lbs for a 100 foot course with a 1 minute time limit.
- The Sandbag carry will feature athletes carrying sandbags ranging in weight from 150-300 lbs for a 150 foot course in a 1 minute time limit.
- Atlas Stones – The crowd favorite! Competitors will lift four stones of increasing weight in succession onto barrels with the option for a 5th bonus ball! Stone weights range from 140 lbs to 330 lbs!
The event is free and open to the public. Bring a lawn chair and meet us on Main Street in Downtown Morton on Saturday, May 20. Opening ceremonies begin at 9 a.m. and we will host the Air National Guard to post colors in honor of Armed Forces Day.
Check out our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/Muscle-on-Main-804850842919665/?ref=bookmarks for all the event details!