An East Peoria man will go to prison for at least four years when he’s sentenced for shooting into a home he believed was occupied last July.
Tyler Davis, 23, and another man documented their motive of “retaliation” for what they supposedly believed were shots fired at them earlier in the day, but which the targeted victims said were merely fireworks they set off.
Davis, of 211 Fahey Road, pleaded guilty Friday to aggravated discharge of a firearm into an occupied building, which carries up to 15 years in prison. A charge of possessing a firearm as a felon was dismissed. He’ll be sentenced on Feb. 23.
Fellow defendant Anton Grayson, 21, of 201 Cooper St. in Pekin, remains held on $125,000 bond on the same charges pending his trial set for Jan. 23.
The two posted a video on Facebook showing them pointing handguns and texted cellphone messages indicating their plans to seek revenge for what they thought was an attack on them by residents of a house at 542 Chicago St. last July 15, according to a prosecutor’s court affidavit.
When the residents exploded their fireworks outside the house, Davis and Grayson came from a nearby house to confront them. The two said they would return later with their “crew,” the affidavit stated.
The residents left the home, but two returned later and were in the backyard when they received a phone call alerting them that Davis and Grayson were driving in the area. A short time later, they heard gunshots and took cover, the affidavit stated.
Police found and arrested the men and recovered two bullets from two different handguns in the home.
Davis was sentenced in 2014 to four years of probation and 90 days in jail for fighting with police officers who sought to arrest him on outstanding warrants outside the Walmart Supercenter in Washington. His probation was terminated earlier this year.
Follow Michael Smothers at Twitter.com/msmotherspekin